Merlin provides HHS with 24x7x365 IT cyber security and operational support services for the second largest incident response center in the federal government. This includes detection and mitigation of malicious activity, digital forensic analysis, network security and event monitoring, and security incident response.
- Response to over 6 billion correlated security alerts per week.
- Monitoring of more than 400,000 endpoints across HHS and its operational divisions.
- More accurate identification of malicious activity.
- Reduced time to gain insight into security threats.
- Less staff time required to detect and assess network intrusion events.
Merlin designed, implemented, and operates an enterprise wide centralized system that protects every desktop, laptop and server in the VA’s Office of Information Technology.
- Protection of over 500,000 servers, workstations and laptops; and two data centers.
- Approximately 5 million less suspicious or malicious emails.
- Management, at any level, can monitor, operate, and report from one central location.
Merlin provided VA with integration services for hardware and software, migrated medical imaging from a legacy solution, trained users, and continues to provide ongoing operational support and maintenance to optimize storage infrastructure and virtualization for the capture, retention, management and transmission of medical imagery.
- Stores more than 4.5 billion medical images; approximately 30 petabytes of data.
- Tracks more than 1.3 million unique patients per month.
- Ingests more than 39 million new images per month.
- Decreases patient wait time.
- Enables remote consultation with specialists and clinicians.
- Decreases the number of repeat procedures.
- Enables patient participation in treatment plans.
- Overall better care for Veterans and their families.
Merlin provides a DoD agency with services to manage their comprehensive network operations, maintenance and modernization for unclassified, classified and coalition networks including tactical gateways and deployed access nodes, and satellite provisioning and support for the 3rd largest tactical network in the federal government.
- Ensures that the nation’s most elite warfighters have a reliable and highly available global communications network from headquarters and command posts to deployed tactical units in operational theatres.
- Supports over 74,000 users worldwide.
- Provides 24x7x365 support.
Merlin supported a government agency in consolidating five existing data centers into one that offers federal agencies a complete suite of secure IT data center services for applications ranging from routine to mission critical. The goal was to reduce costs, maximize capacity, and implement green initiatives that help minimize the data center’s carbon footprint. Agencies using the consolidated data center services recognize:
- Maximum cost recovery
- Expanded data center capacity
- Cloud computing efficiencies
- Cost effective operations and maintenance of new technology and service centers
- Highly secure environment
- Continuity of service
- Minimized carbon footprint